Jacquelyn Limsky, Esq.
- University of Baltimore School of Law
- Juris Doctor
- University at Buffalo, State University of New York
- Bachelor of Arts
- Paralegal Studies Certification
- Allred v. Allred (Md. App. 2019), Co-counsel for Appellant
- Favorable determination by the court that a marital separation agreement can modify the date through which a former-spouse is entitled to “investment experience” on ERISA qualified plan assets being divided pursuant to a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (“QDRO”), regardless of the effect of subsequent changes in market conditions.
ADMISSIONS / ACCREDITATIONS:
- Maryland, Court of Appeals
- District of Columbia, D.C. Bar
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association (“MSBA”)
- Elder Law and Disability Rights (“ELDR”) Section
- Estates and Trusts Section
- Family & Juvenile Law Section
- Young Lawyers Section
- Howard County Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- “The QDRO Roadshow” – (6/2019; 7/2019; 8/2019; 9/2019; 11/2019; 1/2020)
- Financial Impact on Divorce and Separation (1/2020)
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- 2020 Maryland Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- 2019 Maryland Rising Star, Super Lawyers
PROFESSIONAL INTERESTS / CURIOSITIES:
Retirement benefits and the use of QDROs in planning for long term care benefits, legislation and policy matters affecting the constituents of Maryland, especially our most vulnerable populations including the elderly and the disabled.
OUTSIDE OF WORK:
When not in the office, Jacquelyn enjoys getting outdoors and going hiking, camping, surfing, and snowboarding. Jacquelyn loves travel and it is her bucket list goal to visit every county in the world. When not out and about, Jacquelyn enjoys spending time with her Husband, three dogs, and cat in their Howard County home.